Thursday, June 21, 2012

Queen Helene Oatmeal and Honey Scrub Review



I bought this a few months ago to replace my precious Dr. Dover exfoliating scrub, which I loved oh-so-much because it saved my skin. Before I bought it, I had no idea that I was supposed to exfoliate (so dumb!) and couldn't understand why my skin was still breaking out even though I was cleansing enough. Then when my cousin told me I was supposed to exfoliate the dead skin cells off, I immediately went out and bought Dr. Dover, which was the most amazing thing I had ever used. Then it got discontinued. Just my luck.

To save what little I had left, I decided to buy one from a brand that I trusted - Queen Helene. I had been using their Mint Julep Masque for over a year as a spot treatment and thought it would be equally as good. Boy, was I wrong.

When I first used it, I didn't think that it was that bad. Up until that point I had been using regular oatmeal at night to exfoliate, but after a while I didn't want to waste any more food, so I thought the scrub would be a good replacement. It made my skin soft, smooth, and glowing. It was gentle enough that it didn't pop any of my pimples while I was using it. But it didn't help with my excess sebum and I was still as shiny as ever. However, I kept using it because I needed an exfoliator anyway.

Then I started getting more acne. In comparison with my Dr. Dover, it was definitely rougher and more scrub-like than my sensitive skin was used to. They weren't big pimples, but a ton of little ones, all over my forehead. My skin was getting red and it didn't even help with the blackheads I had on my nose. What a waste! It's not as bad as my St. Ives exfoliator, but I still don't like it.

I still have to use this exfoliator because there's a ton left and I don't want to waste it or my Dr. Dover, which I am alternating it with once in a while. It's going to take a long time, but my skin is just gonna have to endure it so my money isn't wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment