Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Books I'd Love To Read

I'm on the last day of my winter break and had nearly no time for myself to do any reading whatsoever. Two days ago I finally had some time to compile a list of books that I've been wanting to get my hands on, but I don't have a lot of options to speed up the process. 

All the Borders closed, which makes me sad because they always had coupons that I used to buy books (RIP Borders). Then there's the issue that my library is really slow at getting the books I put on hold because of the limited number of copies, and I barely have any time to pick them up. I don't even return a majority of them on time because 1) I don't have time to read them, and 2) I don't have time to return them!

It's also very hard for a book to capture my interest. I'm not really into clique novels (Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars - eque) and, for some strange reason, covers are really important to me. If they're not pretty, I automatically have zero interest in picking them up until I see raving reviews about them. I'm trying to branch out, but I need your suggestions!

Did I mention the fact that I'm also a super hard-to-please critic? In my AP Writing class, I have to listen to pieces by my classmates as they're read aloud. Now, AP Writing is an elective, so only people who really love it and are good at it are allowed to be in it, and my school is uber-competitive in selecting only the brightest students (though I'm not as smart as they are). Everyone around me always talks about how good the pieces are, and even my teacher goes on and on about it as well. However, I'm the lone student who is never really satisfied with the writing. There are always little things that I pick out that bother me, which distracts from the whole piece.

Imagine me with that same reaction, only with a novel. Do you see how hard it is for me to be able to enjoy a book? There are a few books that I've read and disliked (and one that I remember hating) - but those are to be reviewed another time.

 In my reviews, I try to be completely honest and detailed as possible. I don't mean to hurt people, but I do mean to get my opinion across. I really am NOT a mean person! Please don't be scared (: Also, my opinions are just that - MY opinions. Don't think that what I say is fact! Try to see for yourself!

These are the books that I'm really craving right now (off the top of my head):

Touch by Jus Accardo
Matched by Allyson Condie
A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies
Everneath by Brodi Ashton
International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams
Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
Roswell High Series by Melinda Metz (DYING to read these!)
Torment by Lauren Kate

If I don't have time to read books, I may review books that I've already read long ago. 

I'm currently reading Across the Universe by Beth Revis, which has an absolutely GORGEOUS cover and an interesting plotline. So far, it's pretty good! When I finish reading I'll be sure to do my first proper review on it, yay!

I think I've occupied much of your time already. Toodaloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment